- This topic is empty.
- 17/04/2021 at 11:49 #5313adminAdminAuthor
Kona Rove Owner Review by Chaitra Bhagavan after riding 4000 km.
Model name: Kona Rove
Bought on: December 2018
Place of purchase: The bike was not available for display. Checked the specifications online and ordered it through a dealer. Duchakie from Sawantwadi was the dealer. There are very few dealers in India. BOTS also being one of them.
Approx no. of km clocked so far: 4000 km
Buying experience: It can be quite tricky because there are very few dealers in India to check out the bike in a physical store. The dealers would order the bike only if you buy it. I was lucky that the bike is fantastic and loved every bit of it. There is only one distributor in the country and are based out of Mumbai.
Other models considered at the time of purchase: None
Reason for choosing this model: I bought this bike especially for touring! But this has been one bike for all purposes. I have ridden BRMs, toured places on this, and done few training rides as well.
Positives of this bike:
1. It is very comfortable for long-distance touring and doing long rides. The frame is designed perfectly for that.
2. It has all the necessary mounting points to hang your touring bags
3. It comes with disc brakes which give you extra confidence to fly when you are on a downhill.
4. The wheels are sturdy and 35 mm gravel tyres are pretty good.
Negatives of this bike:
1. It is quite heavy. It is close to 14kgs.
2. The handlebar could have been a bit wider
3. The gear ratios could have been better. While climbing with luggage the lowest gear is not low enough.
Will I recommend this bike and why:
1. It is amazing for its price. It comes with good components for the price we pay.
2. The bike demands very low maintenance and basic cleaning and occasional services are more than enough to keep it running as smooth as new.
Kona Rove Owner Review: Technical SpecificationsFrame: 6061 AluminiumFork: AluminiumShifters: Shimano ClarisCrankset: Compact, 50/34 TCassette: Shimano HG 50 11-32 TDerailleur Front and Rear: Shimano ClarisBrakes: Mechanical Disc brakesTyres: Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Plus 35 mmFor the full specification of the latest model you can check out the Kona Website.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.