Rules & Regulations for MangoTrans 2021
RULES: This race is governed by a set of rules and regulations.
– Participants should carefully read and follow the rules and instructions given before and during the race.
– All riders must show evidence of their ride.
– Post race ‘ride data’ of all riders will be checked, before the final results are announced.
– Using a CADENCE sensor is MANDATORY for all racers and should reflect in their ride data.
– The race will include mandatory checkpoints with “cut off time” along the route. Participants (Solo and Duo) arriving at the checkpoint after the cut off time will be disqualified.
– Riders must observe traffic rules at all times.
– If any participant does not comply with the instructions given by the race organizers, it will result in disqualification from the race.
– Drafting (motorised and non-motorised) is not allowed except with your riding partner in case of duo category.
– Any foul play will lead to disqualification from the race.
– Do not spoil the trail by littering or throwing plastics. Be respectful to others around you.
– The rules may be altered or modified at the discretion of the race organizers. All decisions taken by the organizers regarding results will be final.
– There will be a pre-race briefing for the registered participants. (Date, time and venue will be informed via email).
ELIGIBILITY & PARTICIPATION
– All participants (Solo or Duo) must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
– There are two categories: Solo (Individual participant) and Duo (A team of two members)
– All food and drink must be carried with you or acquired at commercially available services. No back up or support is allowed for participants.
– Every participant will sign a declaration form on the race day as part of the reporting.
– Helmets, reflective gear, and lights are mandatory. Also carry a power bank to keep your phone charged at all time . Every participant should carry everything to take care of any cycle breakdown. Race organizers will not provide any assistance regarding the same.
– This is a self-supported event. No back up or support is allowed for participants. If any deliberate support is taken, it will lead to disqualification of the participants from the race.
– Failure to wear proper buckled helmets will result in immediate disqualification from the race.
– All checkpoints are mandatory. Failing to show up at the checkpoint within the time allotted will result in disqualification.
– Duo participants should be within visual range of each other till the completion of the race.
– The time once recorded at the checkpoint by the marshals will be final.
– Riders must follow the ‘leave no trace’ principles. Littering, throwing plastics or tampering with the natural surroundings along the route will lead to immediate disqualification.
– Indiscipline or indecent behavior will not be acceptable.
– Consumption of alcohol/drugs is strictly prohibited.
– Bikes must possess a lighting system powerful enough to be seen at a distance of 100 m from the front and 150 m from the rear. It must be securely and permanently fixed on the bike, even during daytime, and in working order at all times. Flashing LEDs at the rear are forbidden. Backup lighting systems are strongly recommended.
Lights must be turned on at all times during hours of darkness or other low-light conditions, whether the participant rides alone or in a group. Secondary light can be on blinking mode.